Sound SMART PACS™ provides DICOM image viewing throughout the veterinary hospital utilizing the same simple, intuitive design style as the Smart DR user interface. This allows for easy access to DICOM images wherever they are needed, on any device – Microsoft, Apple, or Android. Sound Smart PACS is completely auto-updateable, so the latest features and enhancements will always be available, with no manual intervention required by the hospital staff.
Setting up your SmartPACS includes both the physical connection and the basic Windows setup. SmartPACS is designed to operate without any additional input devices (monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.).
SmartPACS needs a network connection and a place to sit on a shelf.
No Battery backup is included. Sound does not recommend a battery backup. If the clinic chooses to do so, we recommend not installing the backup software as it an conflict with the functionality of the SmartPACS. If a clinic chooses to add a battery backup, they assume all liability.
SmartPACS is an enterprise hardware device that provides a local image cache, HTML5 Browser based DICOM Viewing software to any device on the hospital network, as well as automatic routing of DICOM images to the cloud archive.
- Height: 1.5”
- Width: 7.75”
- Depth: 5.5”
Please ensure that the clinic knows where the SmartPACS is located and how to turn it on in the event that the SmartPACS gets turned off
Remote Desktop Connection
If you have a SoundBank Server with no monitor, you can access the SoundBank Remotely from any computer in the hospital. It is easy to use the acquisition station once it is up and running.
You are now logged into the SmartPACS via Remote Desktop Connection. Here, you are able to…
- Check / Set Date and Time
- Set a Static IP Address
- Configure AIS
Logon to the SmartPACS with the info below using Remote Desktop Connection:
- UN: administrator
- PW (case sensitive): BarrySanders@20
Change Date and Time
Set a Static IP Address
Open up an Chrome and ensure that you have internet access by opening a web browser and connecting to an internet site.
For setup, you will be using the ServiceAdmin settings. DO NOT GIVE THIS INFO TO THE CLINC. There are 2 logins the clinic can use.
- Service Admin – ONLY SOUND/MXR EMPLOYEES
- un: serviceadmin
- pw: sa@Sound1 (DO NOT PROVIDE TO CUSTOMERS)
- Local – standard users settings – this is what the customer will use
- un: local
- pw: smartpacs
- Admin – allows changes to patient records – ONLY PROVIDE TO HOSPITAL/PACS ADMINISTRATOR
- un: admin
- pw: admin@Sound1
Click on the “After Any Date” entry to display the calendar. Any study received by the SmartPACS system after the date selected will have the forwarding rule applied to it.
Setting up the Viewer on Clinic Workstations
Scroll down for instructions or click here to view the instructional video
Open any HTML 5 compliant browser. Click the browser below to download it:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
NOTE: Internet Explorer is not supported.
Setting Up An Enterprise SmartPACS
The SmartPACS Enterprise Server is 5TB Server running SmartPACS on a virtual machine. The server should be placed in a server closet. It does not come with a monitor as it is designed to be used headlessly. Setup has a few extra steps and requires 2 network connections and 2 plugs. A switch has been included with your system if you do not have enough network ports available.
- Please leave the SoundBank set in SmartDR with AutoSend enabled
- Add the SmartPACS server to SmartDR and enable AutoSend enabled (yes, the clinic needs to be sending to both servers).
- Add the SmartPACS web browser shortcut to all the desktops.
Remote onto your Enterprise Server. Click here for help on remotely connecting.
- Your Server’s name will be the Dell Service Tag (i.e. 41B9Ex12)
- Server Login Credentials
Check the SmartPACS services
- Press the “windows”+ R keys on the keyboard
- Type “services.msc”
- Scroll through the resulting window and make sure that the SmartPACS service and the SQLSERVER service, are both in a “Running” state
- If 1 or more of these services is not started, right click on it and select “Start”.
- Close the window by selecting the “X” in the upper right hand corner.