1. Set LogOff to False
-Select the settings button to access the Management Screen
-From the Config Menu select Advanced Options
-Change Log off admin on exit: to False
– Click the Save button
– Click the logoff button to shut down Smart DR
3. Set the X-ray collimation to wide open and use the appropriate technique to start your calibration (techniques will vary based on x-ray machine)
- 4343 (1700) – 62kvp / 2.5 mAs
- 4335 (1700) – 64 kvp / 5 mAs
4. Click the ViVA icon on the desktop to open ViVA
– In the top right, ViVA will say No Acquisition Link to start
– When the plate loads, it will have a series of numbers and letters
5. With your collimator completely open, click the Acquire button or press F5 to ready your plate for exposure. The ViVA status bar will read “HardwareHandshaking acquisition in progress…” when the plate is ready for exposure
6. With your technique set appropriately, fire an x-ray.
7. An image will appear on the screen similar to the one below. Ensure that there is no objects, etc in the x-ray field below and that the entire plate is covered. If you have any regularities, remove them and repeat steps 5 & 6.
8. Click the Image Stats button to estimate your final gain calibration number. Box 11, Average of Pixel Values in ROI should fall between the following numbers for your install:
- 4343 v2 (1700) w All-In-One Computer: 10,000 – 15,000
- 4336 (1417): 6000 – 8000
Older versions of the Varian 1700 panel may calibrate different. Please contact tech support if you have a different panel/computer than listed above.
If your average value is off, please adjust appropriately and repeat steps 5 & 6.
9. From the Acquisition menu, select Gain Calibration or press F4 to start your Gain Calibration. This will be a 4 shot gain calibration.
10. The gain calibration will do a quick offset.Take an X-ray when the status box displays “X-ray exposure in progress… Frame count:1.”
NOTE: This message indicates that the plate is ready for exposure. You will you will activate the x-ray machine by pressing the Sound foot switch.
11. After the shot, the status box will read “Click the ‘Finish’ button or initiate next exposure(#2). Wait until the Finish button grays out and fire again. Repeat this until you have reached 4 shots.
12. At the end of 4 shots, press the Finish button. The status box will read “Gain Calibration is Done.” Note the Gain Median number in the Calibration Statistics.
Click the Close button
11. Click the Acquire button or press F5 and take another exposure at the same technique. Your image should show as a “milky, uniform gray.” If you see any regularities check for any objects in the plate, collimator, etc and redo your gain calibration.
12. Close ViVA with the Red ‘X’ in the upper right corner
13. Re-open SmartDR by double clicking on the icon and proceed to the steps below for calibrating in Sound Smart DR.